The USB driver provides a virtual COM-Port on the computer used for the Rheonics Control Panel.
For Windows 10 users: The Drivers should install automatically when the computer detects the sensor connected on USB port (Device manager will show the sensor on a COM port).
For Windows 7 users:
- Connect the SME to the computer with the USB cable.
- If the Windows does not find the drivers automatically, install the drivers manually.
- The drivers will be located in the folder _DRIVERS on the flash drive. If you received a zip archive of the drivers. Extract the zip folder to your computer.
- Select ‘Browse my computer for driver software’ and navigate to the USB driver folder: _DRIVERS\ USB\CDC
- Ensure subfolder checkbox is selected.
- Click Next and the driver will be installed.
- On successful installation, the rheonics sensor will show up as SME in the device manager Ports (COM & LPT) list.